September 29, 2008

MOTO Raas Dandiya


On 26th of September'2008, Motorola organised a Dandiya function called "MOTO Raas" Dandiya. It was great success. Many of the motorolans shaked there legs and few were "papus" (where only spectator).
The Dandiya function started at 4 p.m. with a typical dandiya song, and it was great to see employees and contractors dressed in colourful traditional dress with a dandiya sticks in there hand. They all were dancing in the beats of dandiya together alongwith the ocassional performance of garba.

But initially participating seemed to be lacking and there were more of Papu's then we were expecting. So they get all of them shake there legs, we switched over from Dandiya to dandiya + Bollywood ... and as expected we saw the participation increase a lot. It seemd to be a 50:50 ratio now. Though I didn't like this sudden change from dandiya to Dandiya + Bollywood, as I wanted more of Dandiya ... but I knew my logic was flawed in this case... So I started up with the new mixed tunes... Then some songs from Kannada was also played, which was great and make us all dance with much more enthusiasm and made us feel tired much faster.Though I didn't understand it , but music was great and make me dance tirelessly. It added few more dozens of people in the dance floor. What we observed was switching between different modes of Kannada + Bollywood + Dandiya music. This seemed to be more proper with the way this cosmopolitan city Bangalore is made up of. It showed us the true mix of flavours from different region.

Before I give conclusion the question that may arise to you can be :
Who were "Papu's" ? And why they are refered like that?
Well the answer is all the spectator who were not dancing and just watching were Papu's.
There is a song like "But Papu can't dance saaala "....so once that song was played ..all the dancers were pointing to the spectators with the signature step that Bappu (or Spectator) can't dance saala ...... ;)

Finally the event ended and was a great success even though a bit of reluctance was observed on parts of people initially. The only time I was not seemed to be very happy with the way event went was between the event closure and the time I went to sleep. Coz the event was so good that made me dance hard and as a result made few of the spare parts of my body to feel the brunt of those high energetic activity. I was really tired and had a great sleep. Hopefully we will have such events more frequently at our workplace. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I missed the event, Hopefully will be there for the next one!