August 06, 2015

Alla Re Alla Airtel 4G Alla !!!


I remember few years back when I was reading one of the reports from Bloomberg which talked about India being at No. 20 with respect to mobile data speed among the 20 countries surveyed. I was disappointed to read that. It also projected the approximate position a nation will obtain by 2017 and expected data speed they might achieve. The projection in 2017 also ranked India to number 17 with average data speed of ~2.5 MBps.


I recalled about that article today when I saw the news that Airtel launched 4G nationally. I was delighted to read and about this. With this expected download speed on Airtel 4G can be as high as 42Mbps and Upload speed of 12 Mbps on airtel 4G TDD network. That's simply amazing. It will definitely move India much more up in the ranking of nations based on that mobile data speed average.

Interestingly, the TV commercial by Airtel clearly show the difference the huge leap which this launch will take in common Indian's life who were deprived of good data speed.

Video Downloads:-  Just imagine with 42 Mbps download speed a movie of say 900 MBs can be easily downloaded in less than 3 minutes. Its real. No more waiting for download to complete.

Photo Uploads:- With upload speed of 12 Mbps, one can upload an album with 40 pictures of 2 MBs each.

Download Songs:- With 42 MBps download speed a song of 5 MB can be downloaded in just 1 second.

Wow. I simply can't wait to get hands on Airtel 4G. I will just say "Alla Re Alla Airtel 4G Alla !!!"

No comments: