March 20, 2015

New Baby Arrival : New Hope, New Aspirations, New Responsibilities


Arrival of my baby, Akshaj, on 22nd Sept 2014 was one of event which along with bringing new responsibilities, it also brought new aspirations and hope.As a couple we had some issues but suddenly just the arrival of kid seems to have changed the complete dynamics of my relationship with my wife. Both of us has made Akshaj as center of our world. At the same time it has brought much better acceptance of each other with the strengths and weakness we possess as a couple.

Family Dynamics:- As a couple the time which we used to spend together has reduced, which may seem like a loss of independence. But at the same time, this small time which we share is now more special and their is a sense of need between both of us to make it much better. It has added a new spark to our married life and added a cherry on top of the mutual enjoyment which we used to have. Even the relationship between my wife and my mother has improved a lot, as both have started showering their love on the new infant (Probably have lesser time to quarrel). So arrival of the new baby has improved my family, which is more - happier, busier, enjoying and affectionate now.

Financial Needs:- Sense of new baby means that expenses of the family will increase. This has made me work harder and even look for more avenues to earn money. It has made me more optimistic and better focused. Now my work is being taken more seriously by me. Control on unnecessary expenses has increased. Financial planning for kids education is on mind. Overall, better organised financial planning is coming into the picture now.

More Efficient:- Doing more work at office, at the same time I want to return home faster to be with my kid. This has made me do more efficient work at office rather than wasting any time. I have started going to office on time and trying to be back at time rather than slog work at office. I depart and arrive at office based on my understanding of traffic conditions and time consumed. I have started ordering items on-line & get them home delivered to save time. Now, thinking to move home in April to save travel time in Bangalore, I #lookup to https://housing.com/lookup to get this better and easier. Overall, my efficiency has increased.

Back to Blogging:- During my wife's pregnancy, I somehow stopped blogging. But the arrival of my kid has changed something intrinsically which is making me blog again to express the happiness I am feeling now. Share the Happiness.

Feeling happy when back home:- Earlier when I used to be back home, I used to feel lethargic and used to feel drained. But this has completely changed. Just seeing the face of my baby, holding him, seeing a smile, just fills me with all the positivity and energy. My life is more positive and energetic now.

Hope for Future:- Now when I hope for a better future, I hope it as a family and I am looking up to address all such needs like financial security, housing, education, etc.


Pic of the Akshaj, my baby, who has changed my life for better. :-)

No comments: