February 19, 2008

Lost My Mobile ....... :(

Last Friday, I lost my mobile . While I was riding bike, it fell down from my jackets pocket in Madiwala..... As soon as I realised this I turned back breaking traffic rules as it was a one way (madiwalla Oneway)..... But as it was already 8 pm so it was dark .....spent 30 -40 mins searching on the road...but couldn't find it ..... then called to my mobile thrice from STD booth....The response was "Mobile is not reachable".... This response did upset me ...as i thought it might have fallen down and its parts might get dispersed..... but also there was sense of relief that it should go into someone's wrong hand ..... then finally gave it up ...as i couldn't find....

Went ahead to my destination planned --> Total in Madiwala, bangalore to meet S*****, just when I reached she told me that just now she called me and I was disconnecting it ....I tried again and to my surprise someone had already taken it and was ending the call when it was ringing ...... and finally it was switched off after 2 rings....... Now I was scared for the wrong use of my mobile..... Thank god I had locked my phone with some passcode ...and hopefully the person to took the phone is not smart enough to break the code...... Then was with her for some time waiting for her bus to come........

Now the worst part I realised was the increasingly dependence of all of us on Mobile phones nowadays..... I was having trouble to recall the contact nos. of people and also didn't have any back up.....
So I thought lets go to Lalit jiyaji's home from there I can block my reliance no. and also other things ...and atleast inform at home that I have lost the mobile... I reached there ...but it was already past 11pm and it seemed they had slept .....door was locked in the Ground floor and to get the key from them (@2nd floor) I need to call .....though I can go to std booth but ...I dont recal his contact no. ...... what a tragedy .......so much of dependence on Mobiles....

went to meet Ajay (kallu) he was also not there at his PG.........Damned ...nowhere to go......

So came back to office and got outgoing blocked from my no. .......
Mailed to few people that I have lost my cell so please send me there nos......

Updated profile in Orkut (gateway for social contacts nowadays) that I have lost my number and also in Gtalk..................



seriously Now I realise how much more we have become dependent on mobiles....
I didn't lose only contacts but also my password and id for various bank and credit cards....It gave me huge tension...so got my password reset for credit cards also...

Now what abt the Birthdays of my friends.......


In simple words , Losing a mobile means huge risk of information within them and loss of connectivity with people around you........

Now got a new connection of Vodafone on a mobile phone lended by one of my friend.....

Try to get connected to all friends again..................

No comments: