February 06, 2008

Tour of Hyderabad + ICFAI (1/2/08 - 5th Feb 2008)

First Trip of Hyderabad

Though I had a prescient knowledge that Hyderabad trip will not be fruitful regarding the objective to get admission to a Good Business School, I wilfully went ahead with the plan. I started on Friday i.e. 1st Feb ' 2008 from Yashvantpur R.S. for Secundrabad by Sampark Kranti Express. As usual in Bangalore, Auto wallahs don't agree for the fair price, they always want double or 1.5 times or fair plus 20 or 30 rupees. Was able to catch one who got ready for Rs 200 bugs. though the distance is nearly 23-24 kms. That means Fair price is 120 and he was ready only for 75% extra. Anyways after reaching YPR , told "BaBye" to Bangalore for few days.

Reached Secundrabad, again the same thing common in most of the Railway stations in India -- Auto Wallahs Making one fool regarding price even if the person knows that he is making you fool.But what can one passenger unknown with the city do....rather than doing some bargaining..
Somehow got in one of the autos and booked one of the lodge for a temporary stay.

My interview was on Tuesday still I reached there on Sat morning so that I can meet up my college buddies(Avijit, Sudhir, Sandipan, Sankar, etc) who are in Hyderabad. Few juniors are also there like shruti, Jaya. After entering the lodge called mishra and sandipan to meet up....Sandy was busy while mishra was available. We meet up at Punjagutta (Equivalent to MG of Bangalore) and there I got a great Shock. Mishra, this guy was very thin and I suddenly see a person coming towards me with red specs, big Bisceps and l----o-----n-----g hairs. At first I was not even able to believe that he is mishra though I was able to recognise. From Punjagutta we went to Begumpet the place where Avijit stays alongwith Sudhir Pathak , Asutosh and Ashwini. And the secons shock was waiting for me , Mr. Sudhir Pathak , You wont believe it this guy has made a good physique like the one of Partho and he now cherish Grill Chicken though earlier he used to be a Sudh-Saka-Hari.

After having a big chit chat, I went along with Avijit for Charminar. Though Charminar looked good, but somehow I didn't find it that impressive. From the charminar area bought some Hyderbadi Pearls which are famous in India. Before that we had a lunch in Paradise, a famous restaurant in HYD, and as expected we had speciality of Hyderabad i.e. Hyderabadi Biryani and a grill chicken.




While retruning saw the Sagar with a Statue of Buddha on an island in the Sagar. That was really a beautiful view. This Lake is sorrounded by a road called necklace road. And also had a restaurant beside it called "Eat Street" which is quite good to come after evening. Nice atmosphere prevails in the restaurant.


When we came back, it was already 9 ....It was party time as Sudhir was medically cleared for a onsite trip to UK. Earlier he was blocked on Suspicion of TB, which actually came as negative in report. So they called up many friends of there...and we all were boozing out, cracking jokes, having chicken , dancing....overall a great fun..... At 1 am, I went to sleep... After that some them went for ride and the tragedy was waiting to happend, mishra fell down from bike along with Sumanta, my college friend. And both of them sustained minor injuries. Sunday just went sleeping , watching moviews, etc.

Now Monday arrived, and I had interview ,...I just prepared the content in span of 2 hrs and choosed the topic as SEZ,,,,...and again started fun.....as if I had no interview tomorrow.

Tuesday I had to wake up at 5 am -- the thing which I hate most --- waking up early....
Went to IBS admission office, got into a Bus and then reached IBS campus....which was quite far from the main city....Got registered myself and found that my Presentation was at 12:45 .....that means being idle for 3-4 hrs doing nothing .....thats quite sick......they could have alloted some timing earlier by themselves..instead of calling such a huge number of people at once... In those idle hours I already had formed a group with few people and was having fun.practiced for the presnetation. Now, when the time came for presentation I gave it and I gave it fairly good contrary to my expectation. interview was very very brief...though good...but only God knows know what they can make out in an interview of less than 5 minutes....

Now the result was expected at 7:30 - 8.... I cant wait till that as I had train from Kachiguda at 9:15 pm...so left from there early at 6 pm.......and din't collected the result.............

and here my trip to hyderabad ended...... though i missed to see ramoji City and Golconda fort ...am planning to see it next time I go there....


This wednesday morning I got my result through mail......The college which was alloctade was ICFAI MUMBAI..... in which I am not going to take admission.... Even ICFAI HYD was doubtful...but it was thinkable..... So now doors for ICFAI is also closed.....


So only two options left from here
1> WOrk + PGSEM
2> Work + CAT next year .............


:(

No comments: